Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Poems for My Dear Roommate Who has Left Me for the Summer



Rather dramatic, silly, lovey dovey poems written for my roommate spontaneously on her Facebook Wall.



Having Not Seen Her for too Long, I Miss Her
(a poem written after busy days of only seeing each other unconcious. She seeing me alseep late at night when she comes home, and me seeing her early in the morning when I get up for class)


at 12:00am on March 14th, 2008
Dearest swan,
Oh, roommate mine.
Thou art to me so dear and kind,
Though you are gone, your work to do,
I know you will come home.



If it be dark, and I in bed,
The green light and your quiet steps
Will stir in me sweet dreams
(tho truly, in reality,
I'll likely be disturbed in sleep,
But I don't mind a fig or less,
Glad that you're home I'll be)

And when you up to bed have climbed,
Beside where I have lay my head,
I hope you dream of sweeter things
Than metal being sawed.

And wake, when light thru blinds may sneak,
Refreshed from a most peaceful sleep
With joy to live courageously
Poll questions to defeat.

You then will I see in a conscious state,
And glad to live another day
Being loved by and loving because of grace
My roommate dear, with a pretty face.

Goodnight.

Ich lieber dich.


-------------------------------------------------



---------------------------------------------------------


at 8:58am May 20th, 2008
A Mushy Love Note from your Roommie on your Birthday:


Oh, beautiful swan full of grace and light,
May you glide smoothly through your day.
If the waters may churn and cause you plight
Let faithful wings carry you away.

Away and over the silver blue lake
That seeks to reflect your eyes.
In the morning the tullips will gladly awake
To see you spread your wings to the sunrise.

'Sun rise!' and 'Come forth!' is the call of your voice
As its promised warmth glows in the sky.
At its appearance in song you rejoice,
A clear echoing and melodious cry.

Drops of soothing gold light respond to your voice,
Every feather glistens with light,
'till the golden beams stream without any choice
Thru the still lake, rippling now with delight.

Delight you have brought and joy to the heart
Of every creature and friend you to see,
Love and thanks may we, in return, impart
By a means that brings joy to thee.

with all the love I can muster,

-Your roommie


Go under the Mercy


1 comment:

B. Kamna Will said...

loved ur poems about the roommate thing.....its like u r very much passionate about your roommate....and lemme tell you that we share that passion...just the difference is that my roommate doesn't like my company...dunno why?...i tried making myself aggreable but it din't work....i love her more than i love any guy.....