Thursday, December 27, 2007

Veneration of the Night

Place on me thy cold hand,
Oh beautiful night.
Still my body, my soul, and my mind.
Wash over me gently
In soft rustling breeze,

To remind me that in you is life.

For your presence, you see,
So clear and so still,
Makes it easy to think you have died.
But the truth is that joy
In silence you find,
And hear every heart beat and sigh.

You moan with the weeping,
Caressing the lonely,
And whisper sweet words in their ear.
You gaze on the lovers,
Giving hope to the dreamers
That a love of their own will appear.

Oh sweet night, are you watching
All the lives of your children,
All the secrets that they never tell.
Do you have your own story?
Are you not very lonely?
Or content to look down with deep care?

Well, dear night, I will tell you,
That I look upon you,
And admire you well from down here
.

3 comments:

LittleDreamer said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for posting and allowing me to experience it for myself.

Adam said...

My thumb is up, with a lot of admiration. Seriously, I've tried to write poetry that rhymes, and I have trouble with it. I usually just end up going off in my rambling Beat style/thing. So, from one poet to another, this is really good, and I hope that you become inspired to write something else soon.

Lisa Hogan said...

Thank you both!
I'm glad you were able to experience it Kira ~smiles~

I would like to rework the first couple stanzas a bit... but haven't gotten to it...

Anywho, thank you